Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Milk and HoneyMilk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


★★★★☆½ rounded up to five stars.


"the next time he
points out the
hair on your legs is
growing back remind
that boy your body
is not his home
he is a guest
warn him to
never outstep
his welcome
again"



I made 71 highlights in this book on my kindle. I'm keeping it forever and keeping a physical copy as well. This book is everything.

I've never really enjoyed poetry because of being forced to read so much in tenth grade. I have a love/hate relationship with it now. I'm finding more poems (such as my husband's) I really do enjoy. I saw quotes from Rupi going around on instagram before she wrote a book. I remember being excited when I first saw she was going to make a book and thinking that it would be the first collection of poems I'd probably like in a long time. Over time I forgot all about it and then remembered it and read it this past weekend. I really love it.
I've read a few reviews and it's true that this isn't poetry in it's truest form. I've read alot of places that this is just a collection of thoughts. I don't really care.! But I understand all those who do.

I feel like this is a must read for women/people interested/in relationships everywhere. I used to have a bookshelf called "books-I-read-over-and-over-again-like-a-bible" and if I still had that shelf, this book would be going on it. I feel it'll be powerful for people to read before, during, and especially after relationships.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment