Aru Shah and the End of Time by Roshani ChokshiMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
★★☆☆☆½ rounded up to ★★★☆☆
I had to force myself to finish this and that was only because I would up wanting to know if the quest was completed or not. I won't be continuing this series.
I like the book for what it is. I love that it had so much about Indian culture in the book and that was very interesting. The MC Aru was a joy to read about and she was super hilarious.
However altogether, this book was just not for me. It was quite childish which I know, I know, it's Middle Grade.! Hello.! But I'm still a fan of Goosebumps and The Babysitter's Club and quite a few other Childrens and MG books so that wasn't the reason. It was also way too long. I feel like this book could've and should've been 20 chapters lighter and that would've been a lot better for me.
These are all personal reasons which is why I rounded my rating up to 3 stars and I do! recommend this book to other's if the blurb sounds interesting to you.!
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment