A Thousand Beginnings and Endings by Ellen OhMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
★★★☆☆½
Forbidden Fruit - Roshani Chokshi ★★★☆☆
-A beautiful and unfortunately tragic love story that takes place with and on a beautiful mountain.
Olivia's Table - Alyssa Wong ★★★★☆
- A really ghost story based on the actual The Hungry Ghost Festival/Zhongyuan Jie/Gui Jie/Yulan Festival.
Steel Skin - Lori M. Lee ★★★★☆
-This was such a good story sci-fi story.! I didn't know whose side I was on and who I believed was right or wrong and I LOVED that about this story.!
Still Star-Crossed - Sona Charaipotra ★★★☆☆
-A sad yet beautiful love story about a love that comes back from the past.
The Counting of Vermillion Beads - Aliette de Bodard ★★★☆☆
-I love how much the author turned a folktale about sibling rivalry into a beautiful tale of two sisters who stick together.
The Land of the Morning - E. C. Myers★★★★☆
-A story about a family and their ghosts.
The Smile - Aisha Saeed ★★★☆☆
-A pretty good tale of "belonging" to someone but not being in love. Yearning for freedom.
Girls Who Twirl and Other Dangers - Preeti Chhibber ★★★☆☆
-An "enemies to crush" tale.
Nothing Into All - Renée Ahdieh ★★★☆☆
-A pretty good tale of two siblings, thier love/hate relationship, goblins, and magic.
Spear Carrier - Rahul Kanakia ★★☆☆☆
-My least favorite story, I constantly had to reread and I kept falling asleep. It was an ok-ish story about knowing death is coming and wondering why you're fighting in a war.
Code of Honor - Melissa de la Cruz ★★★☆☆
-A really good tale of a vampire with a twist. I enjoyed the twist even though I predicted it.
Bullet Butterfly - Elsie Chapman ★★★★★
-My favorite.!!! A tragically beautiful tale of star-crossed lovers. This short story read like a long love story. Everything was deep and well flushed out in such a short story. I really love Elsie's writing style. I want to pick up more of her books.!
Daughter of the Sun - Shveta Thakrar ★★★★☆
-It took me awhile to get into it and to care about what was going on. It was written like epic/high fantasy which pushed me away. But meaning of the story and it's personal meaning to me pushed it to 4 stars.
The Crimson Cloak -Cindy Pon ★★★☆☆
-Very cute fable. I love stories on how things were/are made and this one gives a fable of how our beautiful skies when there's a sunset or sunset and also how our Milky Way was created.
Eyes Like Candlelight - Julie Kagawa ★★★★☆
-I really enjoyed this tragically, beautiful love story.
View all my reviews
I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your
ReplyDeleteblog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only
having 1 or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?