Read from August 20 to 21, 2015

Sypnosis:Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she was devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break--because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever.
Pages:281
Rating:★★★☆☆
Thoughts: 3 stars. Didn't want to put it down but it was just Ok and very predictable.
It made me cry because it reminded me of things I've been through, who I've been, and who I am.
Haley's mother reminds me of me and of how I've always been just as controlling as her mother and it didn't hurt to add the fact that she was a therapist which is what I'm currenty in school to become. Just...

Googly-eyes shelf because Haley and Scarlett's friendship was so adorable and realistic.
The side characters were the best part. Haley's mom and Scarlett were my favorite.
We could've gotten more from Macon like where all his time was being spent and why he kept popping up with different cars like Jimmy from Shameless.

Too much of it reminded me of the cliche's from Melody Carlson and I was waiting to read that God made it all better in the end. Not that there'd been anything wrong with that But! I do like the fact that every problem and conflict wasn't solved in the end.
I became SO SO tired of the "specialty" of Haley's name and her trying to feel special. It's as if Sarah Dessen knew the side-characters were more interesting and kept trying to shove it down the readers throat like "Hey! I'm here too.! My name is unique like a comet or as plain as Sarah if I told myself the truth! Pay attention to me! I'm special! I once saw a comet!" - Haley

No comments:
Post a Comment