Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Review: Kick at the Darkness by Keira Andrews

Read from August 10 to 12, 2015
25543022
Sypnosis:To live through the zombie apocalypse they have to survive each other first.

College freshman Parker Osborne is having the worst day ever. He humiliated himself trying to pick up a cute guy, he hasn’t made any friends at school, and his stupidly hot jerk of a TA gave him a crappy grade on his paper. He’s going to drop Adam Hawkins’ film class and start fresh tomorrow after he’s had a good sulk.

But Parker’s about to find out what a bad day really looks like—if he can survive the night.

A virus is unleashed, transforming infected people into zombie-like killers. After these quick and deadly creepers swarm campus, Parker only escapes thanks to Adam swooping him onto the back of his trusty motorcycle. Now they're on the run—and stuck with each other.

When they’re not bickering, they’re fighting off the infected in a bloody battle for survival. Their only hope is to head east to Parker's family, but orphaned Adam has a secret he’s not sure Parker will accept: he’s a werewolf. Can they trust each other enough to find some light in these dark days?

Pages:265
Rating:★★★★☆

Thoughts: Almost 4 1/2 but that ending was far too empty and cheesy for me.  

SPOILER ALERT:

come on.! You could've atleast gave me Peter's parents whereabouts or death.! And you couldve atleast given me Peter and Adam's safety, reaching their destination on that damn boat.! ugh

END SPOILER ALERT

I loved Parker. I'm biased because I'm sometimes (according to friends and family, ALOT of the time(s) entitled and whiny. He was very well written and at first I was glad we were mainly inside of his head only.

But then we got to know Adam more and Unf. I wanted to know what he was thinking. His calmness was so attractive but eventually I wanted to hear him having to tell himself to keep breathing and to remain calm as he kept doig Peter so he was obviously having to tell himself also. His raised-eyebrow-while-not-saying-anything was just YES.!

The first time Adam transformed I was kicking and having to bite back my screaming. This book was soooo fucking action packed and exciting and I only put it down when Absolutely neccessary.

This definitely did remind me of Sterek fanfiction but it was better of course. Also the chattering zombie/infected reminded me of The Last Of Us which managed to make me afraid of them whenever they'd appear in the book because Fuck the chatterers from The Last Of Us.!

The book/author was very good with entering pop culture and trends into the novel but I hated the "2008 slang" part. ugh. just ugh.
description

Not only 3 stars because, any stress or sadness brought to the relationship I was highly invested and upset. And happiness and "googly-eyed" parts and I was grinning like a Cheshire Cat and highly invested.
Not 4 1/2 stars because of that wack ass ending.

SPOILER ALERT:

Oh, and FUCK you Ramon.!

END SPOILER ALERT

No comments:

Post a Comment