Thursday, July 23, 2015

Review: Unwrapping Hank by Eli Easton

Read from July 16 to 22, 2015
23242668
Sypnosis:Sloane loves a good mystery. He grew up as the son of two psychiatrists, so he finds most people tediously easy to figure out. He finds his way to Pennsylvania State University, longing for a rural experience, and ends up being lured into joining a frat by Micah Springfield, the hippest guy on campus.

Nothing in Sloane’s classes is as intriguing as Hank Springfield, Micah’s brother and fellow frat house member. Hank looks like a tough guy—big muscles, tatts, and a beard—but his eyes are soft and sweet. He acts dumb, but he’s a philosophy major. He’s presumably straight, but then why does Sloane feel such crazy chemistry whenever Hank is around? And why does Hank hate Sloane so much?

When Sloane ends up stuck on campus over Christmas, Micah invites him to spend the holidays at their family farm in Amish country. It’s a chance to experience a true Americana Christmas--and further investigate the mystery that is Hank Springfield. Can Sloane unlock the secrets of this family and unwrap the heart hidden inside the beefcake?

Pages:138
Rating:★★★★★

Thoughts: This review is all over the place because so am I. I usually do NOT go for holiday romance so this was a Great surprise.!

Gahhhh Hank/Eli Easton. You did it. Goggly-eyes shelf and bring-me-my-tissues shelf here I come.
I told myself I wasn't going to cry. Even after Hank & Micah's mom opened up about her health. Even after your friend was an asshole. All this stuff and all it took was for you to be asked "are you gay" and then reply "i dont know" with sweaty nausea....just
description
I was like yaaaaasss while crying. Because it's all too relatable...

That moment when you are gay but are afraid and angry everyone else sees it?? I was just as confused about his feelings as he was. I usually hate internalized homophobia in my books but I dont think this was such. Hank just seemed very...afraid.

Pushing your parents away so that it won't hurt as much when they die? I broke down again.
description

Hank reminds me of me and Hank is a sweet angel. That sentence shouldn't sound so conceited but....welp.
description

After that christmas present, Hank and Sloane immediately became headcanon married imho. I would like a sequel or 5 to confirm this Eli!

Also,
thanks for shutting down "gaydar" with the part about looks being deceiving.
description

Thanks for the teen wolf mention!
description

This review is a hot mess. As am I after reading this book so it fits well.

No comments:

Post a Comment