Monday, July 6, 2015

Review: Dark Space - Lisa Henry

Recommended for: Fans of MM. Just read this ugh
Read from July 03 to 06, 2015
 16174363
Sypnosis:Brady Garrett needs to go home. He’s a conscripted recruit on Defender Three, one of a network of stations designed to protect the Earth from alien attack. He's also angry, homesick, and afraid. If he doesn’t get home he’ll lose his family, but there’s no way back except in a body bag.

Cameron Rushton needs a heartbeat. Four years ago Cam was taken by the Faceless — the alien race that almost destroyed Earth. Now he’s back, and when the doctors make a mess of getting him out of stasis, Brady becomes his temporary human pacemaker. Except they’re sharing more than a heartbeat: they’re sharing thoughts, memories, and some very vivid dreams.

Not that Brady’s got time to worry about his growing attraction to another guy, especially the one guy in the universe who can read his mind. It doesn’t mean anything. It’s just biochemistry and electrical impulses. It doesn’t change the truth: Brady’s alone in the universe.

Now the Faceless are coming and there’s nothing anyone can do. You can’t stop your nightmares. Cam says everyone will live, but Cam’s probably a traitor and a liar like the military thinks. But that’s okay. Guys like Brady don’t expect happy endings.

Pages:216
Rating:★★★★★

Thoughts: "You're My Heartbeat, Brady"

I just don't have words. All I can say right now is that this is one of my top five favorite books of all time. And that's weird because I haven't added a new book to that list since Speak. There was nothing, absolutely nothing, I found wrong with this book. I want a sequel but I don't want to put myself through so many tears, hurt and Love feelings again. Like, atleast give me another year before I'd read about Cam and Brady again. I just can't right now. "My heart is tender" - Willa Ford <3

EDIT- ok I can breathe and think clearly now.

Everything could've been very cheesy and every problem could've been fixed immediately and cheaply but it wasn't. A problem would drag on so that when, or IF, it was solved you'd die of happiness. Very realistic. Well besides the fact that this was science-fiction. Which speaking of which, if you hate science-fiction, Don't let that turn you away! There's not too much science so that you no longer care and feel like DNF. Not too many science terms. This book's also not just pwp. The plot is there and it's the most glorious thing about the book. The sex scenes are to Die for, don't get me wrong, but I was very happily shocked to see that the plot was fucking awesome and I cared about it and the characers So much.!

I loved Brady just above it all. He was a realistically written asshole who felt how most of us would having to be a solider in space, leaving his family behind. Alot of things that can go wrong, do just that for him and I loved his smart-ass remarks as much as when he'd show his pain. He was so angsty and so fluffy it killed me.

Cam is just.... *Sigh*. He's just so smart, caring, humble, and...perfectly unperfect. I wanted to see things from his pov more though.

SPOILER ALERT


 This should be fixed in #2 and I'm going to miss the hell out of the telepathy in #2, just like I already did at the end of #1 :( and if they don't send Wade and his buddies into oblivion, I'm pissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment