Thursday, October 8, 2015

V for Vendetta by Alan Moore (Goodreads Author), David Lloyd (Illustrator)

Read from October 03 to 08, 2015
2227486
Sypnosis:A new trade paperback edition of the graphic novel that inspired the hit movie!

A powerful story about loss of freedom and individuality, V FOR VENDETTA takes place in a totalitarian England following a devastating war that changed the face of the planet.

In a world without political freedom, personal freedom and precious little faith in anything comes a mysterious man in a white porcelain mask who fights political oppressors through terrorism and seemingly absurd acts. It's a gripping tale of the blurred lines between ideological good and evil.

This new trade paperbackedition features the improved production values and coloring from the 2005 hardcover.

Pages:296
Rating:★★☆☆☆½
 
Thoughts: It's really hard for me to rate this. I know it's less than a 4 and more than a 1 star book, but I can't decide on 2 or 3 star book.

It was great but it reminded me of reading a book for school. You're not that interested in it but by the time it's over you're glad you got to read it, but also just glad it's over. I think I'm gonna go with ★★☆☆☆½.

Don't get me wrong. I love the idea behind the novel, Anonymous, Guy Hawkes (even though those two are almost polar oppos...never mind), and V for Vendetta the book and the movie, but this book was just...readable. A lot of it, especially the characters who talked with funny accents, hurt my head. Trying to follow along with the way the comic strip/graphic novel was setup hurt my head, and trying to undo V's riddles hurt my head.

I guess it's just one of those it's not you, it's me, books.

No comments:

Post a Comment