Gerald's Game by Stephen KingMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
I don't scare easily. This Fall/Halloween season I went looking for book(s) that would terrify me as I do every year. Most recommendations fell short. Gerald's Game did not. This book terrified me as no other Stephen King novel has done. It gave me nightmares and sleepless nights until I refused to read it at night and only just finished it because it was so bright out today.
After a sort of freak accident while trying to keep some spice in their marriage, Jessie ends up handcuffed to the bed and her husband lays dead on the floor from an apparent heart attack. The problem being, besides not being able to drink, eat, sleep properly, or set herself free, is that Jessie is all alone out in their Getaway/Vacation home, far from others. Or so she comes to hope.
Jessie's head goes to trauma she went through in her childhood at the hands of a trusted loved one and berating herself to get loose and free. All of these things were terrifying and horrific and then to add on top of that, her imagination, memories, and the only things that Are around, start to take come to light. Moonlight.
This was a disturbing read that I give 5 stars and warnings to those who want to read it, keep the lights on or read it in the daytime.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment