Monday, November 16, 2020

Lord of the Flies by William Golding

Lord of the Flies

Lord of the Flies by William Golding
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

★★★☆☆½ Rounded down.

This was slow going at first. Around the middle it started to get pretty good. I really don't like a bunch of world-building or wordiness, though knowing that this was published decades ago, it makes sense. It's not the book, it's me.

Also SPOILER 

is it so bad that I didn't want Jack or Roger to survive? Like really hope they didn't? Like I know they are kids that got swept up into becoming murderers and their mental health was probably deteriorating and who knows what kind of things were going wrong because of the food they were eating, and the water they were drinking but I hate villians. Like not anti-heros or antagonists but villian-villains.

END SPOILER

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment