Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky AlbertalliMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I couldn't put this book down. I forced myself so that I'd get to sleep and still picked it back up not an hour later. this is definitely rereadable and I'm rec'ing this to everyone I know. It's so Realistic and deals with such real problems in such a real way. It gave each character an actual story instead of only focusing on Simon. It called Simon out for only focusing on Simon! And he actually worked on stopping!
One character and part of the novel I couldn't STAND was Martin. I could not understand why Simon would let him continually try to control him like that. I don't like that the author kept making them friendly towards each other. And making Simon forgive him and then Martin still kept being a POS. Outing someone is something that shouldv'e been taken as seriously as any other form of shitty bullying that the book shows handled wonderfully. I would've punched him in the face. Maybe it's good that Simon and the other characters aren't like me though :)
I also really felt for Leah and I'm so happy she's getting her own book Leah on the Offbeat. I'm really happy because I feel more should've been done for her. She was definitely left out far too much which felt realistic and hurt me through the pages. And still she forgave. (I'm also pissed that she's fat in the books and yet is being played by someone skinny in the movie but that's a different review. I contiually saw her as Ashley Fink AKA Lauren Zizes from Glee)
It shows that this book was written by a psychologist and an LGBTQ ally.
If this could've been pushed up to NA I would've died because (view spoiler)
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment