Saturday, June 27, 2015

Review: Attack on Titan Vol 1 by Hajime Isayama

Read June 25
13154150

Sypnosis:In this post-apocalytpic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.

Chapters list:
1. To You, 2000 Years From Now
2. That Day
3. Night Of The Disbanding Ceremony
4. First Battle


---
Taken from back cover:

The Desperate Battle Begins!

For the past century, what's left of mankind has hidden in a giant, three-walled city, trapped in fear of the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming humankind, but the sudden appearance of an enormous Titan is about to change everything...

Pages:208
Rating:★★★☆☆


Thoughts: This was an amazing read but having already seen some of the show, I already knew what was to come next for the most part (until near the ending *creys*)

Eren is living inside the walls with his family of this dystopian world. The walls are meant to keep the titans (especially mr. Wall Breaker himself the colossus titan) out. When a wall is broken down, all hell breaks loose.

Eren is very brave and loudmouthed. He reminds me of myself and sometimes while reading and watching the show I'd think to myself, "Is that what I seem like to other people? Brave in not being afraid to speak my mind but annoying as hell?) But for some odd reason I still love him and better.! BETTER SEE HIM NEXT BOOK.!

Mikasa seems to be the smarter, more calmer, but also takes no sh*t sister? ( I really found it hard to tell if she was sister, adopted, just other family member like stepsister or cousin in this book) I enjoyed the moments of her having to snap Eren back to reality and to calm all the way the fuck down.!

3 stars because I'd already seen most of the book from the show. It was still a good and fast read and if I hadn't seen the show I would've been shocked at the whole book and it would've possibly been four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment