Read from April 23 to 24, 2015

Sypnosis:Including letters from Melissa Rivers, Shania Twain, will.i.am, Christy Turlington, and Kristin Chenoweth
Just in time for Mother's Day, the next book in the A Letter to My series (after A Letter to My Dog and A Letter to My Cat) takes on mothers, with celebrities and civilians writing letters of gratitude and admiration to the women who raised them, alongside gorgeous, intimate photos.
Pages: 160
Rating:★★☆☆☆½
Thoughts: A Letter To My Mom was a good, sentimental, tear-jerker. I cried with some stories and laughed with others and the books influenced me to appreciate my mother that much more because of so many people having stories with their mother no longer being here. Anyone can be taken from this earth at any moment in time but especially once you become an adult yourself, your parents are already more than likely middle-aged or even older.
I'd like to think some stories affected me so deeply because I've finally gotten to the age where, like a few people writing letters in the book, I understand my parents parenting techniques, actually appreciate and like them.
Just in time for Mother's day, I plan to gift this to my mom and/or write a similar letter to her myself. Wonderful novel.
Reminds me alot of Chicken Soup for the Soul series (maybe because I'd get a good cry out of those too).
Alot of the book was just skimmed, hence the two and a ½ rating.
No comments:
Post a Comment