Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Betrayed Wife by Kevin O'Brien

The Betrayed WifeThe Betrayed Wife by Kevin O'Brien

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


My ARC copy of the book was provided by the publisher and the author through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

3 star read. Could've been a 4 star read but too many plot holes and things left unwrapped at the ending. Ohhhhh that ending sucked. A bunch. The rest of the novel was really awesome. I absolutely loved it and could not put it down until that ending. Ugh. So many questions I have that are unanswered. There were a good amount of twists and turns and surprises but the ending just didn't do this book justice. I think the author was trying so hard to leave us sorta wondering at the end, that we wind up left wondering at the end. Not a good thing!

I absolutely adored Sheila and Dylan's son Stevie. Him being there for his mom through everything his dad put her through and our antagonist put her through was just really #SonGoals (if such a thing exists). This book succeeded in making me angry at almost every other character so that's the only character I can say I really liked.

I do recommend this to Mystery/Thriller fans. But you sorta have to give yourself your own ending to be really satisfied at the end.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment