The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany HaddishMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
I love Tiffany Haddish which is why I picked this book up in the first place. I think she's hilarious. I've never seen any of her stand-up and only started learning about her after Girl's Trip. I had no idea she was even in Keanu and My Name Is Earl and so many other small roles that flew by quickly!
That being said, after reading this book I still like her, but now it's like that friend who you don't always agree with their sense of humor and jokes but you still keep them around.
I'm highly dissapointed in her choice of a co-author/"scribe" Tucker Max. A guy who has been racist, ableist, and just about every other ist/ism you can think of. Her sense of humor is always so very close to crossing a line and sometimes it reads like a female version of "fratire". You can tell a sexist man helped write this. It truly shows sometimes. *screws up nose in disgust*.
https://bit.ly/2TJc353
https://jezebel.com/tiffany-haddishs-...
Some of the stories about her childhood I can relate to. The rest of her stories are awesome and hilarious if you can constantly turn a blind-eye to all the -ism's. I can't.
★★☆☆☆½ rounded up to ★★★☆☆
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment