Pestilence by Laura ThalassaMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
★★☆☆☆½ rounded up to ★★★☆☆
"I am your mortality. I am the ugly truth that your bodies are impermanent, feeble, corrupt. I am the reminder that all men must face a great and fearsome reckoning."
Pestilence, the first of the four horseman to arrive to bring an end to the world, comes to Sara Burns town, she tries to stop him and therefore becomes his hostage. Of course romance ensues which is why we're all here.
I was here for it. And the entire story, the action, the romance, everything was great!
I had a lot of hope for this book until around 75%. Then things just seemed cheesy and cliche. I could predict the ending and everything that was going to happen after that point. It got to the point that after 80% or so I had to force myself to finish. Part of me just to not DNF and part of me wanted to get to the ending.
I don't know how the author is going to bring a romantic story to the other four horsemen and I am going to give her another chance. The premise is so entertaining. But if it's done like another Pestilence then...then I don't think my review/stars will be any higher.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment