Friday, December 7, 2018

A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi

A Very Large Expanse of SeaA Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I buddy read this and my review is going to be my thought process while reading with them!

This novel was really eye-opening and showed what's probably just a small portion of what Muslim's have had to go through here since 9/11. It's heartbreaking and yet greatly written. It was a very powerful read. This novel definitely showed the hard parts of being POC; feeling as though you have to have your defenses up at all times and being seen as mean but doing so to protect yourself. It felt very relatable but at the same time explained and showed so deeply and raw the experiences that I have been privileged enough to never have to go through. Most parts made me learn and other parts made me feel very very understood. So rare in a book.!
I'm struggling with giving this 3/4/5 stars.
I must not have read a ya romance in a long time. I've been reading all other genres lately. The slight teen-ish romance I'm no longer used to. My fault! and not the book's! Also *****SPOILER****[I was searching for a HEA ending which is also my fault and not the book's.! I really wanted things to work out dream-like but I definitely appreciate it being realistic. And even more relatable! When you're 16 you're at your parents will. And I definitely have lived in 15+ houses thanks to my parents and lost all types of relationships because of the constant moving (mines would be because my mom grew bored or tired >.< not because my parents were searching for bigger and better)****END SPOILER**** I feel as though if I had read this when I was a teen it would be my favorite/5 stars.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment