You by Caroline KepnesMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I buddy read this with my husband.
My rating:★★★★☆
His rating:
My husband picked this out at the library on a whim after the cover sparked his interest. And then the blurb. Then he became attached and kept raving to me about it but I was/am in the middle of several books so I didn't really pay attention. Finally, I really wanted to buddy read with someone close to me and decided I might as well get a copy of the same book he was in the middle of (since I'm a much faster reader, not to toot my own horn, I knew I'd be able to easily catch up)
The characters were pretty good. I can't believe I wound up rooting for Joe all along. I've read some reviews that don't like the book because of the way Joe is portrayed, as though he's just a stalker and the author tries to make us feel sympathy for him and believe him and agree with him on his points of view (view spoiler). Those reviews have a point, and maybe it's just me (and my husband) but we liked the book because of that. I like how twisted and sick Joe was and seeing inside of the head of a stalker/(view spoiler).
There were many times where I left my husband behind and had to go back with him or pause in order to give him time to catch up. I couldn't help it! This book was just that good and just that much of a page-turner.
Only 4 and not 5 because something was missing. I would've liked a look into the other characters viewpoint and seen things from outside of Joe's head.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment