Monday, July 2, 2018

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)The Cruel Prince by Holly Black

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


★★★☆☆½ Rounded up to 4 stars.

That's what comes of hungering for something: You forget to check if it's rotten before you gobble it down."

I really liked this book.

Yes there were times it felt a bit slow and I'd put it down a lot but I'm not a huge fan of worldbuilding. Actually, I'm not a fan of worldbuilding at all. So therefore a lot of the beginning wasn't as interesting to me as it became around the 35/50% mark.
I didn't like Jude as much as I would've liked to have. Don't get me wrong, she was very real. But I guess I wanted to get lost in the happening's of a complete heroine and she became really strong and brave too late for me. However, once she did it was incredible. And I gained hope for Jude in the sequels because of how she turned out, so strong and willing to fight for her family and what she wanted.(view spoiler)
Vivi with her attitude and stubborness (and she's bi!) and Cardan with his good looks, hawty attitude and stubborness, however are my faves and I have hope for the sequel's because of them.

The book was also a bit predictable in some parts to me (view spoiler)
But there were also a load of parts that I tried to guess and turned out wrong about. And that's what kept me on the edge of my seat and not putting the book down from halfway through until the end.


"Nice things don't happen in storybooks," Taryn says. "Or when they do happen, something bad happens next. Because otherwise the story would be boring, and no one would read it."




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment