
Sypnosis:The perfect marriage? Or the perfect lie?
Everyone knows a couple like Jack and Grace. He has looks and wealth, she has charm and elegance. You might not want to like them, but you do.
You’d like to get to know Grace better.
But it’s difficult, because you realise Jack and Grace are never apart.
Some might call this true love. Others might ask why Grace never answers the phone. Or how she can never meet for coffee, even though she doesn't work. How she can cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim. And why there are bars on one of the bedroom windows.
Sometimes, the perfect marriage is the perfect lie.
Pages:351
Rating:★★★☆☆½
Thoughts:Real rating ★★★☆☆½
I absolutely loved Grace. Finally a main character who's going through something terrible yet does not become weak-willed nor give up. Like ever.
I also loved Jack in a morbid and sadistic sort of way.
Esther had to have been my favorite however. For her to know something's up just not quite sure left me so intrigued whenever her character would make an appearance.
Three and a half stars because I'm very glad it didn't keep me waiting to find out what was going on "Behind Closed Doors", however, once I found out it I was let down expecting it to be even more sadistic or more physical abuse than psychological abuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment