Everywhere You Don't Belong by Gabriel BumpMy rating: 3 of 5 stars
Thank you to Netgalley, the publisher and the author for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Oh wow. Where to start?
Claude is our protagonist whose life we follow and see him coping with love, being and feeling abandoned by so many people, hectic life in Chicago with violence and riots, and him experiencing love, heartbreak, and growing up.
The eccentric characters that come in and out of his life are so hilarious and at times heartbreaking. I really loved reading about all the side characters.
This novel read like a movie. I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever read anything like this before. It sorta reminded me of reading a novel written in poetry but it wasn't and was written in prose. Maybe that's what was so weird about it, it was like reading about the inner workings of one of the most awkward yet real characters ever.
I put it down very few times and finished it in a couple of days.
View all my reviews






No comments:
Post a Comment