Thursday, February 20, 2020

The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead

The Nickel BoysThe Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm going to try to leave some sort of review.
This book left me torn and just emotionally raw. I cried twice while reading and had to stop twice to breathe.
I couldn't put it down once I got really into it. It's the first book that I've read in a day (even though it was from about 17% to 100%, anything near even That hasn't happened in So long.!)

I really appreciate the author for listing his resources in his acknowledgments and leading the reader to go read up on the true story and survivors stories that this novel is based on. https://officialwhitehouseboys.org/
& For writing such a powerful novel that can make us readers looks deep within ourselves and back out at the world, by showing two characters struggle with their viewpoints on getting by, trying to live, and stay alive, while being Black in America.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment